I have found my favorite place to go swimming in Fort Worth.
The Forest Park Pool is a City of Fort Worth public pool. Closed for several years, it has been renovated and reopened for business.
The pool is big, blue and super clean. Lifeguards are plentiful and there is a Fort Worth police person in attendance.
There is no snack bar, but you can bring in food and drinks. We saw several people hauling in coolers.
There are tables with umbrellas, plastic chairs and loungers to call home for the day. Get some full sun or there is plenty of shade should you wish.
There is covered area with several picnic tables for a large group. Call ahead to reserve.
Slides are for the little kids only and diving boards for the bigger ones and adults.
The changing areas also have showers and restrooms.
It’s pretty cool how when the music is not blaring, you can hear some of the animals from the zoo.
Here the pool rules.
- Pool patrons must wear proper swimwear. Patrons may enter the facility in street clothes but may not enter the water or deck ( the concrete area surrounding the pool) in any capacity without proper swim attire.
- Swimwear must be made of Lycra or Nylon and made for swimming.
- Patrons must wear swim suits only: trunks (with liners) for men, bathing suits for women. Only snug-fitting rashguard shirts are permitted in the pool.
- Children in diapers are not allowed in the pool unless they are wearing swim diapers.
- All swimwear must be colorfast (non-fading).
- No t-shirts, basketball shorts, cotton shorts, denim shorts or non-aquatic undergarments are allowed.
- Appropriateness of clothing, coverage or swimwear is up to the discretion of the staff.
- Diapers must be changed in and disposed of in restrooms.
- Patrons with open sores, diarrhea, any infectious diseases, or who are openly bleeding are not permitted in the pool.
- Children 10 and under must have a guardian with them who is 16 years of age or older. No child 10 and under may be left unattended inside the facility.
- In order to enter the facility, groups must have a guardian-to-child ratio of 1 to 15 for children ages 10 and under.
- Abusive, offensive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- Running, pushing, wrestling or causing undo disturbance is not allowed. Misconduct of this or any other type is grounds for expulsion from the pool.
- Lifeguards may exclude anyone from the deep water who has not demonstrated sufficient ability to swim.
- Only Red Cross or Coast Guard-approved pool floats are allowed in the pool.
- Only inflatable balls are allowed in the pool. Staff can deny use of these items if they are misused or if they cause a disturbance.
- Food is allowed in designated picnic areas only. No glass containers or alcohol of any kind are allowed inside the facility.
- Do not lounge or loiter near the lifeguard stands or talk with lifeguards while they are on-duty. Questions should be directed to Pool Attendants or Managers unless there is an immediate safety issue.
- Drugs, alcohol, and weapons are strictly prohibited. Possession will result in expulsion.
- Patrons thought to be intoxicated will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Non-service animals are prohibited.
- No tobacco products are allowed.
2017 Season Dates:
Opening weekend: May 27-29 (Memorial Day Weekend)
Season dates: Jun. 3-Aug. 20
Open weekends only: Aug. 26-27, Sept. 2-4 (Labor Day Weekend)
Open from 12:30 – 6:30 and closed on Mondays. Admission is $6 for adults and $5 for kids 17 and under.
2850 Park Place
Fort Worth, TX 76110
Location: 32.7192, -97.3533