I am going to write about a film before actually seeing it. I am doing so to get the word out in hopes that people will go see it.
“Jane” is a documentary about Jane Goodall. It is only showing in Fort Worth this weekend at The Modern Art Museum’s Magnolia at the Modern.
I saw Jane Goodall speak at the University of Texas Arlington by invitation of my friend Anne in March of 2016.
I love animals and at the time I thought she was just a lady that studied chimpanzees when she was young. She is so much more than that.
I was blown away by the inspiration she cultivated in me.
- She has spent nearly 5 decades on the scientific exploration of the behavior of chimpanzees which ultimately redefined the relationship between humans and animals
- She is a UN Messenger of Peace
- She spends 300 days a year traveling to devote herself to conservation and animal welfare issues by sharing stories of hope
- She inspires millions globally to make the world a better place for all living things
- She broke down barriers for women that I did not even know existed
If you get some time this Holiday Weekend, do go see this.
While you are visiting The Modern, check this out too:
For the first time in its history, the Modern will be illuminated with a spectacular array of festive lights in celebration of the holiday season and in honor of the Museum’s 125th Anniversary. Not only will passersby be treated to a stunning display, visitors and families will be invited to enjoy nightly viewing opportunities with extended museum hours for a “must-see” holiday experience. Stop in Cafe Modern for a drink or light bite!
Museum opened extended hours until 8 pm on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays in December. Lights will be illuminated, nightly, from 5 pm to midnight.
- December 22, 2017 – 4:00pm
- December 22, 2017 – 6:00pm
- December 22, 2017 – 8:00pm
- December 23, 2017 – 2:00pm
- December 23, 2012 – 5:00pm
Tickets are $9; $7 for Modern members; $6 for Reel People.
Advance sales begin two hours prior to each show.